Our skin is our largest and most interesting organ. Unfortunately, it is also the only organ that is constantly exposed to various pollutants in our environment, both inside and out. Chemicals are in our environment and our food, we are exposed to the sun and dust and more. Because of this, skin cells start to die and we don’t look as healthy and radiant as we should anymore. In order to have beautiful, glowing skin again, however, there are a number of options available to you. When you search for skin rejuvenation Orange County has a number of options available to you.
There are various types of cosmetic treatments that you can choose, one of which is facial therapy. Facial therapy is achieved by applying various vitamins and minerals to the skin, usually through essential oils and massage, as well as face masks. The oils contained in these masks help to nourish the individual cells of the skin. It helps to create better texture and to get rid of dead skin cells.
All types of facial therapy help to improve circulation to the skin. This means the blood is better able to carry nourishments to the important areas. As a result, the overall condition of the skin improves as well.
Facial therapy has a number of clear advantages. These include:
- It nourishes the skin, leaving it healthy and glowing.
- It fights the rays of the sun, external pollution and other factors from the environment.
- Dead skin cells are removed from the skin, allowing the new ones to shine through.
- It helps to fight the signs of aging, making the skin look younger thanks to the various vitamins and minerals.
- It is very relaxing and a relaxed body is a healthy body that is able to regenerate.
One very enjoyable form of facial therapy is the massage. Massage helps the blood to circulate freely to various cells in the skin. More importantly, however, it feels really nice. This means that you can relax your mind while you enjoy the massage, stopping the various stress hormones from ruining your body and skin.
A Few Types of Facial Therapy
There are numerous types of facial therapy, some more invasive than the other. They range from the full face lift to a reiki massage. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Aromatherapy facials, whereby you can also smell healing scents.
- Acne facial, which helps to remove the signs of acne, including the scars. It also helps to prevent further acne outbreaks.
How Often Should You Get Facial Treatment?
The regularity by which you should get facial treatments depends entirely on the type of treatment you go for. If you are going for a chemical peel, for instance, then one treatment, or round of treatments, should be more than enough. If you want to stick to natural healing and receive aromatherapy massages, then once a week is just as good. And don’t forget that there is nothing stopping you from doing both.