When determining a skin care regimen, we all want to find a way to achieve flawless, stunning skin. This may seem impossible, however with some minor adjustments you can begin to see some seriously wonderful results. Here are 5 effective skincare tips for achieving a flawless, beautiful complexion.
- In order to achieve flawless skin and a healthy complexion, it is essential that you exfoliate the skin regularly. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells, clearing the way for new healthy skin to form every 28 days when it regenerates. When exfoliating be sure to use a product with alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid which will promote natural, gentle exfoliation.
- Drink water. Staying hydrated is not just good for your overall health, but it is great for your skin! Drinking lots of water will help to flush out toxins from your skin. You can drink water with lemon to help flush out your system. If you are invested in a full detox, try cutting out or reducing your intake of sugars and alcohol to give both your body and your skin a break as well as time to recover. Also limit how much salt you take in since this can lead to puffiness, bloating and redness.
- Use coconut oil. Virgin coconut oil, specifically, is known to have wonderful healing and moisturizing components that are great for the skin. It will heal and repair your skin leading to a radiant glow. It also contains lots of antioxidants which can help to destroy free radicals, reducing the side effects and symptoms of skin aging or damage. It can also even out the tone of your skin reducing blotchiness, irritation, dry patches and more.
- Make sure you are getting enough vitamin c in your diet. You can often get vitamin c from eating fruits like oranges. You can also take vitamin c in a capsule or chewable vitamin supplement. Also, look for topical skin care products which contain vitamin c as well in the ingredients. When paired with vitamin e, vitamin c can also help to reduce sun damage.
- Finally, a fun, quick and easy way to boost your skin’s glow is to suck on an ice cube. The cold of the ice stimulates the nerves and cells of your cheeks, improving circulation and resulting in plump, rosy looking skin. Especially if you skin is looking tired or pale, this trick is a great way to liven up your complexion especially right before a picture or a night out!
All of these tips can effectively help you to improve your skin’s complexion. Be sure to exfoliate regularly, drink lots of water, take vitamin c, suck on an ice cube to improve circulation, and include coconut oil in your skincare regimen for great results. If you have more serious skin care needs, be sure to consult a professional dermatologist such as those at Cole Dermatology & Aesthetic Center to learn how to best care for your skin care needs.